Help USA

Link to Website: H.E.L.P USA SSVF Las Vegas

Contact Information

Location: 921 W Owens Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89106

Phone: (702) 219-3244

HELP's has a holistic approach to providing safe, quality housing, on-site professional case management, and employment counseling services. Transitional housing is available for male, females or married couples. In order to start the application process the veteran needs to go to the Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC) which is part of the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System located at 916 W. Owens Avenue in Las Vegas completes an intake and receives a referral letter for HELP USA. Once the referral letter is obtained bring it and the needed documents to HELP USA's offices at 1455 N. Main Street across from Catholic Charities to start the intake process and move in:

Needed Documents: 

  • Copy of Current ID's (Driver's license or State ID, Social Security Card, VA Card) 
  • Referral letter and a copy of either a DD214 or HINQ 
  • And if applicable-Proof of income: Employment (check stub, SSD, SSI, VA pension, disability Earnings, or Friends and Family Affidavit (this document must be notarized 

Within in 10 days of move in: 

  • Tuberculosis Test or Chest X-Ray results 
  • Medication sheet (if applicable) 
  • Release letter from current housing (if applicable)

Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)

The HELP USA SSVF program is a homeless prevention and rapid re-housing initiative funded by the US Department of Veteran Affairs. Our program offers a wide range of resources that promotes housing stability to eligible very low-income Veteran individual and families who are either homeless or at imminent risk for homelessness. 

Our program provides each household with a dedicated case manager who helps Veterans develop a housing plan to resolve their immediate housing crisis and that will result in permanent stable housing. Case managers assist participants to obtain VA and other public benefits; and also support households with services including:

  • Housing Search 
  • Emergency Housing for families with children under 17 years old 
  • Transportation Assistance 
  • Legal Services 
  • Temporary Financial Assistance for Rent, Security Deposits & Utilities 
  • Child Care Assistance
  • Referrals to Community Services
  • Housing Counseling Services