Link to the Website: https://kognitocampus.com/
Kognito creates digital experiences that prepare people for the conversations that matter most. Our scientists, artists, and technologists use the latest principles behind neuroscience, social cognition, and game mechanics to create simulated conversations with virtual humans where people learn, practice and self-assess their ability to manage conversations that can lead to positive changes in social, emotional, and physical health. Kognito's simulations have been licensed by over 500 leading health, education, nonprofit, and government institutions. The company's science-driven and research-proven approach have made Kognito the only company with health simulations listed in the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP). Learn more at www.kognito.com
Follow these steps to get started:
- Using a compatible browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, navigate to https://kognitocampus.com/.
- Create a new account by selecting "Click Here" above the email and password fields.
- Follow the prompts and enter the appropriate enrollment key:
- Faculty/Staff: unlvemp
- Students: unlvstudents
- Follow the on-screen instructions to access the simulations page.
- Select the desired simulation tile and click "Launch" to begin the simulation.
Suicide Warning Signs
The following factors have been found to be related to the presence of suicidal risk. Please note: no single risk factor can be used to fully assess risk.
- Threats to hurt or kill self
- Previous suicide attempts
- Searching for means of suicide (pills, weapons, other methods)
- Preoccupation with death/dying
- Recent losses
- Dramatic changes in mood
- Substance use (especially increased use)
- Feeling as if there are no solutions to problems
- Withdrawing from social relationships
- Unable to sleep or sleeping all the time
- Family history of suicide
- Impulsivity or poor self-control
- Health problems (new diagnoses or worsening symptoms)
- History of psychiatric diagnoses